Thursday, September 29, 2011

Blog Feature on My Baby Sweet Pea

Hi Everyone,
Today's Blog Feature is on a Fellow EtsyKids Member My Baby Sweet Pea!!!
She makes adorable Accessories for your little ones!!!

1)How did you first hear about Etsy?:
  I first heard about etsy through a friend. I sold her some hair clips and she told me about the site

2)Tell us about a little about yourself and your favorite craft/art!:
 How did you get started as a designer?
I am a sahm at this time, I have a beautiful baby girl who was born with a full head of hair. She wore hair clips the day I brought her home. She inspired me to make my items. I coudn't find small delicate clips for her, I didn't want anything over the top she was so small, but she needed something for all that hair. so by nature I like to make things, so I started making her clips. she has a clip for everything, to match outfits, special holidays etc... then I started making her crystal pacifiers and pacifier holders, I then noticed that i was now making them for everyone else. So I checked out etsy and thought this would be great! I am a fine artist so I love to draw and paint, I also love making jewlery and cookie & pretzel decorating.

3)What inspires you to create?:
I think I am probably like every artist out there. There are days that I don't have the time or the energy after keeping up with a very active soon to be 3 year old. But then there are the other days that I can stay up till 3 and make 4/5 crystal items and a dozen clips. Everything inspires me, I wish I had more time in my day to get things done!


4)How do you get the word out about your shop and Etsy?:
I  leave my card everywhere, the coffee shop, my daughters gymboree class, I have a facebook page and I also ventured into doing a vendor shows.

5)Any advice you would give to aspiring designers?:
I would tell an aspiring artist just to do it! Etsy is a great site because you don't have to invest a lot. You can get your work out there for people to noticed and then branch off from there!





Make sure you check out her shop for more adorable items!!!
Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/mybabysweetpea?ref=seller_info

Facebook Fan Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Baby-Sweet-Pea/182275848467675#!/pages/My-Baby-Sweet-Pea/182275848467675?sk=wall


Photobucket

No comments: