Saturday, January 21, 2012

Blog Feature on Darlin ' Details

Hi Everyone,
Today's Blog Feature is on a Fellow Etsy Kids Member Darlin ' Details. She makes adorable one of a kind shirt and so much more. Find out how she started her own business on etsy.



I first head about Etsy through a friend. I was making Christmas Presents for my son's teachers and she told me that I should list them to sell on the site Etsy. So that is how my business Darlin' Details started. Who knew that making applique initialed tote bags would led to a business.



I am a work at home mom with two wonderful children, an english bulldog and fabulous husband. I love to make cute applique t-shirts and tote bags. These by far are my favorite crafting projects. I have an art education degree from the University of Georgia. I am a die hard Georgia Bulldog fan and you will see lots of red and black in my shop. Having an art degree I have always been doing art and craft projects weather it was making birth announcements, wedding invitations or gifts for my children's teachers.




I love creating things and I am always looking for ideas. I will have to say my daughter is what started the business idea. I was not willing to pay what retail shops charge for dresses and monogrammed items so I decided to start making things for her myself. Being new to the Etsy world I am just finding my way into the world of internet and social media. This is how I get my world out to the world. I have a Facebook page and I tweet under my name ugaem. I have started doing arts and craft events. I try to do at least one show a month locally.

My advice is to keep at it no matter how overwhelming it can be at times.


Check out her shop for more adorable items:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/DarlinDetails


Photobucket

No comments: