Monday, April 18, 2011

Feature Blog On Cuddle Sleep Dream

Hi everyone This weeks Feature blog is a fellow Etsykids team Member Cuddle Sleep Dream. Adorable Baby blankets , Sleep mask and so much more.



1)How did you first hear about Etsy?: I have been an etsy shopper for a few years. I'm not sure how I first stumbled upon it, but it was love at first click.

2)Tell us about a little about yourself and your favorite craft/art!:

I live in Fairfax, VA with my husband and bulldog. I have a cooking blog that takes a lot of my time and I just recently started a new day job doing marketing.

I love all kinds of crafts! I have an obsession with fabrics and papers. Sometimes I have to avoid craft and fabric stores to save my bank account... Although sewing is my favorite, I also like scrapbooking and painting, too. My mom got me into sewing; she made us amazing halloween costumes, outfits for my stuffed animals, and recently she's been quilting. My first sewing project was making her a stuffed teddy bear by hand.

3)How did you get started as a designer?

When a good friend was having a baby I wanted to make her something nice so I designed my first minky blanket. I started making blankets and matching bibs and burp cloths for all my friends who had babies. Then, I started making pajamas and pillowcases. I just have so many ideas, all the time, that I wanted to start to sell them so that I would get a chance to make them all and think of new things.


4)What inspires you to create?:
Everything. I think about it all the time. I keep a sketchbook next to my bed, which helps me sleep at night because I can draw out some of my favorite ideas.


5)How do you get the word out about your shop and Etsy?:

I'm still pretty new as a seller; I just started in November 2010. I have been trying to get involved in teams, relist multiple times a day, and make as much stuff as I can.

6)Any advice you would give to aspiring designers?:

Always follow your passions. Be fearless. And make something every day.




Check out Cuddle Sleep Dream's Shop:
www.CuddleSleepDream.etsy.com


No comments: