These Cupcakes are so easy to make and Great for kids to make. Would be a great project for the kids make at a Birthday party. I can't wait to make these...
Here is the Recipe:
For the basic vanilla cupcakes:
For the drumsticks:
For the potato mash:
TV dinner cupcakesPreheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4.
1) In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
2) In another bowl, whisk together the vanilla extract, milk and vegetable oil.
3) Cream together the butter and sugar with a hand-held mixer in a large bowl. Add the eggs 1 at a time and mix to combine. Alternate the dry and wet ingredients to the egg mixture, starting and ending with the dry ingredients.
4) Pour the batter 2/3 full into the cupcake tins and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before frosting.
For the drumsticks:
1) Put a bone template on a greaseproof paper lined baking tray.
2) Melt the chocolate over a double boiler. When melted, pour the chocolate into a resealable bag. Press out the excess air and seal the bag. Snip a .5-cm corner from the bag and, following the bone template, pipe an outline onto the greaseproof paper. Fill in the bone with chocolate. Tap the baking tray lightly to smooth the top of the chocolate. Repeat with the remaining chocolate to make 6 bones.
3) Refrigerate until firm, about 5 to 10 minutes.
4) Spread the vanilla frosting on top of 6 cupcakes, mounding it slightly. Using a sharp knife, make a small slit in the top of each doughnut hole. Carefully peel 1 chocolate bone from the waxed paper and insert the pointed end into the slit. Repeat with the remaining bones and doughnut holes. Place 1 doughnut hole on top of each cupcake. Put in the freezer for 15 minutes. Spread the frosting over the doughnut hole until it is smooth and covered.
5) Add the cornflake crumbs to a medium bowl and gently press the frosted cupcakes into the crumbs to cover completely. Transfer the cupcakes to the aluminium tray.
For the mashed potatoes:
1) Cut the yellow fruit chews into 2.5-cm squares. Spread the vanilla frosting on 1 cupcake, mounding it slightly. Use a small spoon to create a well in the center of the frosting. Put the cupcake in the baking tray and arrange the fruit chew in the well at an angle.
2) Heat the caramel sauce for 2 to 4 seconds in the microwave and drizzle it on top of the cupcake so that it fills the well and spills over like gravy. Repeat with remaining 5 cupcakes.
For the peas and carrots:
1) Cut the fruit chews into .5-cm cubes. Add the vanilla frosting to a small bowl and add enough green food coloring until it becomes bright green color. Spread on top of the cupcakes. Arrange the green candies and orange chews on top, pressing them into the frosting. Transfer the cupcakes to the aluminium tray.
Have a Blast Making these. I know I will