Sunday, May 15, 2011

Feature Blog on Brooks Boutique

Today's Feature blog is on another awesome Fellow Etsy kids member Brooks Boutique.


1)How did you first hear about Etsy?: I started selling on ebay first and then saw a vendor at a craft fair was using ETSY. I looked it up once I got home and fell in love!!!

2)Tell us about a little about yourself and your favorite craft/art!: I live in Cary, NC with my awesome husband and 2 kiddos and 1 on the way, due any day now! I am so lucky to have such a supportive and helpful husband. I really couldn't do all that I do without him. When he sees that I have several orders that need to get made, he jumps into daddy mode, takes the kids out, and lets me work. I love tutorials- just wish I had more time to try them all!:)


3)How did you get started as a designer? I had a baby girl and saw all these cute, trendy items at the local boutique stores that I could not afford. I went home and decided that I could make that same stuff for far less money. All my friends saw my cute items and, thus, began Brooks Boutique!!

4)What inspires you to create?: All the gorgeous fabric available!! I love, love, love fabric. I just hold it up and imagine where I could use it! On a dress, car seat, blanket, curtain, pillow, whatever strikes me! :)

5)How do you get the word out about your shop and Etsy?: I sell on ETSY, at local craft fairs, and pass out business cards everywhere I go. I have them in the local post office and also put magnets on mailboxes every few months. My friends and family are big supporters and also facebook and twitter help tremendously!

6)Any advice you would give to aspiring designers?: To never give up and always HAVE FUN! Always be persistent- nothing ever comes easy, but the harder you work at something, the more pleasure you will get from its results. This business takes along time to really "get going" but once it does, it is awesome!


Check out her shop:
www.brooksboutique.etsy.com

No comments: