Thursday, May 26, 2011

Feature Blog on Inspirations By Jordan

Hi everyone,
This Blog feature is on a adorable shop called Inspirations By Jordan. She is a Fellow Etsy kids Member. She makes Awesome Nursery Decor , hair bows and so much more.



1)How did you first hear about Etsy?: I received a gift of personalized burp clothes from a friend at my baby shower and loved them so much I had to ask were she got them from....and my addiction to Etsy.com began. As a stay at home mom who loves to craft and paint I had to join in to sell and buy fun, unique, and cute handmade items.

2)Tell us about a little about yourself and your favorite craft/art!: I am a mom of a beautiful baby girl (Addison Grace) who is my "Inspiration" for everything and a wife to my best friend and husband (Brett). I graduated from UCF in Orlando, Fl in 2002 in Marketing....but my interests has always been in designing, crafting, and creating. My favorite would definitely be drawing/painting children's art....even though I am addicted to anything that is pink, glittery, and girly!



3)How did you get started as a designer? I've always loved to draw and paint since I was a little girl....but I became truly motivated when I began designing my little girls nursery. I just couldn't find any art that I really liked to put in her room.....so I painted them all myself. Next thing I new I had friends asking my to paint something for their kids or just paint something they could give as a gift.

Also, my daughter loves to wear headband and bows. That started when she was only 3 weeks old...now she is going to be a year old on March 22. I was buying some bows at craft shows...but I wanted something unique and different. So I started making my own Double Layer version of a bow for her....and Addison just had to have one to match each of her outfits ; )



4)What inspires you to create?: Mostly my daughter, but really I find inspiration in everything I see. From bedding sets to mobiles, Christmas ornaments to clothing, stuffed animals to children's toys, movies to sports teams, and even purses.......inspirations truly do come from everywhere.

5)How do you get the word out about your shop and Etsy?: Facebook is a great way to advertise. I also participate in local craft shows, and have even been featured in magazines (i.e. February/March 2011 issue or Orlando, Fl "Babyourself" magazine).

6)Any advice you would give to aspiring designers?: Believe in yourself and your work!


Check out her shop for more Awesome items:
www.InspirationsByJordan.etsy.com

Check back later this week for another Awesome Feature Blog!!!


No comments: