Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Blog Feature on Apple N Amos





Hi Everyone,
Blog feature for today is On Apple N Amos a Fellow etsy kids member. Read how her business began and Check out her Wonderful Handmade items!!!




1)How did you first hear about Etsy?: I first heard about Etsy on NPR. They were doing a interview with the creators and I thought to myself, "this sounds like a pretty cool thing, a world market place for artists.What a great way to see people from all over the Earth doing their thing!"

2)Tell us about a little about yourself and your favorite craft/art:

My name is Amos, I met my hubby on Match.com, fell in love and moved to Connecticut and have since become a co-sleeping mama to Henry, my 3 year old. I am very passionate about photography, books, gardening, camping, consigning, sewing and crocheting. I am obsessed with anything Little House on the Prairie and I aspire to become Ma Ingalls. My dream is to move off the grid...farm, make soap, live in a yurt and build a wicked tree house.


3)How did you get started as a designer?

I lost my job in July of 2010 and have yet to find another one. So, pushed up against a rock and a hard place, I did what any tough cookie does...I started to sew... that led me to Etsy and in September 2010 I opened up my shop, started a blog and the rest is still being written.

4)What inspires you to create?:
Henry is a pretty big influence on me and of course our Mother Earth. That is why I started working with wood...I wanted him to play and learn with toys that honored Her and our connection to Her. There is something to be said for toys and handmade goods that can be played with now and passed on to the next generation.



5)How do you get the word out about your shop and Etsy?:

Well, first I looked to my friends to spread the word for me and when that starts to wind down, I moved to the social networks and tried to gather a following on my facebook page and blog (www.applenamos.blogspot.com). But let's not forget Etsy Teams...they are crucial. Finding a supportive, creative and encouraging team really helped push me forward. I met other people that were just a hardworking and passionate as I am. It has been a wonderful experience.

6)Any advice you would give to aspiring designers?:

I would say just go for it! Find your voice and then scream it from every place you can!



Check out Apple N Amos shop for more Amazing Items:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/applenamos


No comments: