Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Blog Feature on The Itti-bitti baby boutique

Hi everyone,
Today's Feature is on a fellow Etsykids Members shop: The Itti-bitti baby boutique
She has beautifully made Baby & Kids items.... so much more


1)How did you first hear about Etsy?:

I can't remember how I first heard about Etsy, but I do know that once I saw it, I was hooked! I just loved everything! I called my sister immediately and told her she had to check out this awesome site!

( I am totally going to be purchasing one of these for my diaper bag once we find out if we are having a boy or girl in September)


2)Tell us a little about yourself and your favorite craft/art!:

Well, my name is Erica and I am a proud mommy of two boys, Cale and Elias. I love the simple life, as misleading as it may sound. And yes… I'm one of those moms that think, "If I CAN do it myself, darn it, I'm GOING to do it my self!" I homeschool, cloth diaper, and soon will be starting a small fruit and vegetable backyard garden. AND I LOVE IT ALL!


3)How did you get started as a designer?

My grandmother sewed EVERYTHING! from dresses to dog beds and with visiting through the summers growing up, I learned all sorts of crafting skills. After I was given my first sewing machine I also began sewing everything, from pillows to prom dresses. After creating things for myself that seemed to make my life so much more simpler, my friends began asking me if I could make something for them. Naturally, my next step was an Etsy shop, which has pushed me as a designer and a mommy.


4)What inspires you to create?:

Anything to make my life easier as a mother is enough to think that maybe another mommy out there might need these same things. The more I sell, the more motivated I am to get up and make my baby items for the people out there going on errands, trips and playdates without them!


5)How do you get the word out about your shop and Etsy?:

I Facebook a lot and tell my friends all about the things I'm making next or what I just finished. I've also recently started joining some of the Etsy Teams, such an awesome resource! I really think it's upped the traffic I'm getting through my shop.

6)Any advice you would give to aspiring designers?:

Photography, photography, photography! You wouldn't believe how much the look of your pictures effect your potential to sell! You have to keep it creative and unique, and NEVER boring and drab. I also think a logo is so important to your design's advertisement! Make sure when you sell your item, YOU are still on it somewhere! It doesn’t have to be big and obvious, I use a small tag with my shop's name on.


Make sure you check out her shop for more Wonderful items:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/mommmyerica


1 comment:

Frannie said...

Lovely blog. I love hearing how people find their way to Etsy.
And then become hooked either as a buyer or seller or BOTH!

Mommmyerica's All-in-one changing pads are so cute.