Friday, September 16, 2011

Blog Feature on Stella B Designs

Hi Everyone,
Today Blog Feature is on a Fellow EtsyKids Member Stella B Jeska. She makes AMAZING Hats , Photo props and so much more for your little ones!!!



1) I first heard about Etsy while expecting our 3rd daughter. I was on an amazing Due Date board with some amazing mommies who shared everything! Etsy was a completely foreign concept to me but I was quickly hooked!

2)I am a 30-something Mama with 3 beautiful daughters, a baby due in November, and a loving husband. We spend our time raising our babies, going to church, spending time with family and taking care of our growing lil "farm". While I love sewing, quilting and fabric crafts, I have to admit that my personality is better suited for the relaxing and therapeutic craft of hooking - read, "crocheting". =o) I'm just impatient enough to need the almost immediate results that crocheting hats and accessories bring.


3)The story you hear most times when asking a crocheter how they learned to crochet is that their mom or grandma taught them. I was actually inspired by my brother. Yep, you heard me. My brother was my inspiration. He and his wife were making beautiful blankets and afghans and it sparked my interest. Going back to my impatience, I wanted to make something that wouldn't take me so long... that's when I asked him to help me learn how to crochet in the round so I could try my first hat. From there, I learned more technique and specialized stitches from YouTube and Google searches. The rest, as they say, is history!

4)I am inspired by babies and children and the current fashions. I love creating accessories that today's children can wear with pride. I like to say "this isn't your Grandma's crochet." I will only make items that I would only put on my own children with durable, comfortable and fashionable yarns.

5)I really started seeing more success for my shop when I created a Facebook Fan Page. I started by asking my friends and family to support my page and it's gradually grew from there. I also had success by using the advertising offered by Facebook!

6)My advice would be to hang in there. Create a maintainable creation schedule, stay consistent in your work quality, communication and customer service. While the quality of your items will speak for itself, there is something to be said for sellers who connect and with their customer base. All of these things will pay off!

Make sure you Check out her etsy shop, Facebook Fan page and Blog:
Etsy Shop: http://www.stellabs.etsy.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/stellabdesigns
Blog: http://www.stellabdesigns.blogspot.com

Photobucket

No comments: