Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Feature blog on Musettemade!!!



1)How did you first hear about Etsy?:1. I really don't remember! Probably my endless web surfing, checking out blogs and what other artists are up to.

2)Tell us about a little about yourself and your favorite craft/art!: My name is Shannon Conlin and I am a jewelry designer and artist living in Charlotte, NC. My recent obsession has been working with porcelain! I create pieces to use in my jewelry designs as well as other small objects that are just fun to make! I also love to work with beads and wire - and currently I have been oxidizing everything! It's an addictive process, watching the silver turn to black!

3)How did you get started as a designer?:Being an artist/designer is just something that I am - I don't think I really had a choice in the matter! Finding Etsy has really made it easy to move to the next level. Being able to sell my work through a cohesive, wonderfully designed website has been great and motivates me to work more and create better pieces.

4)What inspires you to create?:I am so inspired by beads! The colors and shapes are what always draws me in and a project will just start forming in my head. I am also inspired by other artists!


5)How do you get the word out about your shop and Etsy?:I give business cards to everyone! I always make sure I am wearing something that I made. I make sure my friends all have my jewelry and a stack of cards for when they get compliments. Word of mouth really is the best way! And of course I try to get featured on blogs and participate in giveaways.

6)Any advice you would give to aspiring designers?:Just create what you love. If it's not fulfilling it's not worth it! And check out Etsy - it's a wonderful place to sell and meet some awesome, talented people!

Make sure you check ou her shop : www.musettemade.etsy.com

3 comments:

LiPeony said...

those are some pretty little jewelry I really love the last one of the heart... the texture and color of the heart is so calming to me... great insight on a great artist! =D

Anonymous said...

Sweet jewelry. Thanks for making me aware of her work.

April said...

Beautiful Jewelry!♥♥