Saturday, December 20, 2008

Saturday Feature blog on Catnip Studio




1)How did you first hear about Lollishops:
I knew Sadie (CEO of LolliShops, Inc.) from another venue for artisan handmades.

2)Tell us about a little about yourself and your favorite craft/art!:
I'm retired from the U.S. Navy, and I spend my days and nights designing, drawing, and creating in a variety of mediums. Mosaic art with broken china and stained glass is my most favorite, though anything with scrapbook paper is a close second!

3)How did you get started as a designer?:
It's something I've done all of my life, since I first picked up a crayon as a young girl.

4)What inspires you to create?:Everything I see is a potential inspiration, especially the natural world. And beautiful colors, shapes, and lines.

5)How do you get the word out about your shop and Lollishops?:Mostly with online networking, and keeping up my blog, as I live in a rural county in the mountains of Northern California.

6)Any advice you would give to aspiring designers?:Do what you love. Do it well. And, in the words of George Eliot, "It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Check out Catnips studios shop:www.lollishops.com/catnipstudio

1 comment:

Kathy-Catnip Studio said...

Devin, thank you for featuring Catnip Studio!