Saturday, December 27, 2008

Feature blog on secondsister!!!!



1)How did you first hear about Etsy?:I don't even remember how I stumbled onto Etsy. I must have been clicking around the internet as I so love to do.

2)Tell us about a little about yourself and your favorite craft/art!:Well, I am first and foremost just a stay-at-home mom to one small boy. We live very near the ocean and we spend a lot of time in the sand. We are adopting a daughter from China. I have a small studio where I work as a silver smith and overall tinkerer.

3)How did you get started as a designer?:I started making jewelery when I was only 12. I have never stopped.

4)What inspires you to create?:I find inspiration everywhere I go. I love different cultures and I find the jewelry and fashion of Asia to be very interesting. I also love to listen to music in my studio. It brings out my creativity.

5)How do you get the word out about your shop and Etsy?:I have a blog which brings in a fair amount of traffic. When I first joined Etsy, I spent a lot of time on the forums getting to know other artists.

6)Any advice you would give to aspiring designers?: Don't spend a ton of money taking instructional classes. A book from the library or a phone call to an established artisan can be just as beneficial.

Check out her etsy shop: www.secondsister.etsy.com

1 comment:

CaffeinatedFrenzy said...

I love that last picture of the earrings!